Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gone babe gone

What is happening here? Since the last post I spent more time on planes than on the bike. 2 trips to Germany, and Spain in between. And no bike on these trips...

So of course you always think about how much fitness and speed you lose and everything, but honestly I was glad to have time off the bike. In years past I was a lot more ambitious on work trips to try to find a gym and get a workout in, but just chillin' in the hotel room was the way to go lately.

On the other hand it feels good now to be back on the bike. Don't know if it is a good idea to ride almost 100 miles with the Hermitman after 2 weeks off the bike, but it was fun, that's what counts.



On a side note - know how bikers always talk about almost crashes? The same happened here, besides it wasn't on a bike, but on the plane. Last time out of Atlanta we had to turn around 30 min into the flight after a loud bang... they told us we lost an emergency slide in mid-air, but I think that only was an excuse. Probably better to not know what really happened...

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Alan said...

That a picture of the damage to your plane?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember sitting on the tarmac one time, waiting to take off, and the cabin started to fill up with smoke. All us passengers were getting concerned. Then we took off. Nice!!

Oh, by the way. 'About time on the post.

Pete

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Andy, R&D said...

get on,
shut up,
two drinks,
close eyes,
sleep...

the only way to fly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home