Sunday, May 20, 2007

6 hours of Addison Oaks

So I decided to race this weekend. Turned out to be a good idea, since the weather was perfect, the trail fun and fast, and I was even able to pull off a spectacular crash without injury (passing in a rock garden - not good).

The race was pretty uneventfull, Dave Sweeney (12 hour racer), a "guy from Ohio" and myself opened up a gap on the other soloist right from the start and rode together for 1 lap. Going into lap 2 I chatted with Dave, and he said that this pace is not what he wants to do, so he dropped back. I realized the same is true for me, so I didn't even attempt to ride with the racerboy from Ohio.

I ended up with 12 laps (~7 mi/lap) in 6:12, the Ohio guy cranked out 13 in 6:20. Nice work. I chatted with him at the awards, and found out he didn't just have a good day, but he is actually really fast. He finished Cohutta 100 5th overall this year...

Note:
--> I didn't do the 12 hours because I was lazy, but simply because I need my legs next week. It's gonna be big!
--> and thanks to Rob and Tiki for the support

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home