Sunday, November 13, 2005

One of my worst days on the bike

Saturday, sweet weather, almost 65 F. Time for a ride. Headed to Pontiac, one of my favorite trails. The plan was to do 3 laps out there, but about 1 mile into the trail I realized things aren't as they used to be... and a lot more happened during this lap:

- My legs were super tired everytime I climbed on of the short powerclimb
- I almost crashed on a downhill that I have ridden more than 100 times
- Leaves got caught in my rear derailler and almost ripped it of
- I wasn't able to pick a good line
- I was way overdressed
- I was passed by someone riding in jeans and without a helmet (ok, this didn't happen, but I just waited for it to happen).

That's why I decided at the end of the lap to call it a day and ride home. I just didn't feel good this day riding my bike.

I guess all signs that I should take a longer time off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home